Kevin R. Albaum
Kevin Albaum was born and raised in Tarpon Springs, Florida. Kevin earned his bachelor’s degree at Florida State University where he competed for the University’s mock trial team in competitions across the country. Immediately upon graduation, he enrolled at Stetson University’s College of Law in Gulfport, Florida due to their specialty program in elder law and his passion for that specific field of the law.
In 2015, Kevin moved to Lakeland to join Clark, Campbell, Lancaster, and Munson where he practices in the areas of: Elder Law, Estate Planning, Special Needs Planning, Guardianship, Probate Administration, Trust Administration, and Medicaid Planning.
In 2021, Kevin achieved board certification status in the field of elder law as recognized by the Florida Bar Board of Specialization and Education Certification. Kevin is currently serving as President-Elect for the Lakeland Bar Association. He is also an active member of the Willson American Inn of Court, the Florida Bar’s Elder Law Section, the Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys, and the Estate Planning Council of Polk County.
Kevin’s wife, Lauren, is the executive director of career services at Florida Southern College and is the currently serving president of the Junior League of Greater Lakeland. When not in the office, Kevin enjoys spending his time with his daughter (Nina), his goldendoodle (Brinkley) and playing ice hockey.
- Florida State University (B.A. in English and British Literature, 2011)
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., Certificate of Concentration in Elder Law, 2014)
- Elder Law
- Medicaid Planning
- Certified in Elder Law by the Florida Bar Board of Specialization and Education Certification (2021)
Professional Certifications & Awards
- VA Accredited Attorney
- Notable Nole (previously Thirty Under 30), Florida State University (2019)
President-Elect, Lakeland Bar Association (2021)
Board Member, Volunteers in Service to the Elderly (VISTE) (2021-Present)
Membership Committee, Florida Bar Elder Law Section (2021)
Secretary, Emerge Lakeland (2019)
- The Florida Bar
- Lakeland Bar Association (2015-current)
- EMERGE Lakeland (2015-current)
- Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys (2015-current)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (2011-current)
- Estate Planning Council of Polk County (2015-current)
- Willson American Inn of Court (2018-current)
- The Rotary Club of Lakeland North (2015-current)
- Thomas E. Penick Elder Law American Inn of Court (2014-2018)